Mount Pilatus is a mountain massiv with several peaks, overlooking Lucerne. The top can be reached with the Pilatus Railway, the world's steepest cogwheel railway, from Alpnachstad, operating from May to November (depending on snow conditions) and the whole year with the aerial panorama gondolas and aerial cableways from Kriens.
The classical "Golden Round Trip" involves taking the lake boat from Luzern across to Alpnachstad, going up by the coghwheel railway and returning down on the aerial cableways and panorama gondolas to Kriens, from where the bus takes you back to Luzern.
Our tourguide accompanies you on this tour from the starting point, shows you the changing landscape and answers your questions about the country and its people. The tour guide knows the way and shows you a few places away from the tourist flow.
- tour inclusions
- boat ride on lake Lucerne
- world steepest coghwheel railway
- aerial gondola Pilatus - Kriens
- guided tour at all time
- tourguide available from your departure point
- all handling fees, charges and taxes
- tour exclusions
- food or drinks
- personal expenses during the tour
- gratuities welcome for the tourguide
- Tour start
- additional information for this tour
- bookings will be confirmed within 24 hours
- confirmation will be sent by e-mail only
- a small amount of walking is involved
- not wheelchair accessible
- children must be accompagnied by a adult